Safety Group, Health and Safety Management Systems
Implementing and Maintaining a Health and Safety Management System That Meets Provincial Standards and Achieves a Certificate of Recognition (COR) Could…
Increase the Number of Jobs That You Can Bid On and Will
Lower Your WCB Premium By Up to 20%
Certificate of Recognition (COR) is awarded to employers who develop health and safety programs that meet established Provincial standards. Certificates are issued by Alberta Employment and Immigration and are co-signed by Certifying Partners:
- Alberta Association for Safety Partnerships (AASP)
- Alberta Construction Safety Association (ACSA)
- Alberta Corporate Human Resources
- Alberta Food Processors Association
- Alberta Forest Products Association (AFPA)
- Alberta Hotel Safety Association (AHSA)
- Alberta Motor Transport Association (AMTA)
- Alberta Municipal Health and Safety Association (AMHSA)
- Alberta Safety Council (ASC)
- Continuing Care Safety Association
- Manufacturers’ Health & Safety Association (MHSA)
- Western Wood Truss Association of Alberta
A COR recognizes that the employer’s health and safety management system has been evaluated by a certified auditor and found to meet Partnerships standards.
Lower Your Alberta Provincial WCB Premiums By Up to 20%
Companies achieving COR, in year one of the program, earn a 10% rebate in WCB premium from the Partners in Injury Reduction (PIR) Program, and are also eligible for two other measures in PIR – Improving Your Performance and Maintaining Industry Leadership.
Achieving on these other two measures could push the total PIR refund up to 20%. In year two of the program, the incentive for maintaining COR reverts to a 5% discount but participants can still earn up to a maximum rebate of 20% for Improving Your Performance and Maintaining Industry Leadership.
Many Companies Today Require Bidding Contractors to be COR Certified
More and more, companies are realizing that employee safety is crucial and to that end, many now require that the companies that they work with be COR Certified.
Make SafetyGroup.ca Ltd. Your Partner in Injury Reduction Program Developer and Save Money
Creation, Implementation, Management, Review and Audits of Health & Safety Management Systems
Safety Group offers safety expertise in Oilfield, Mining, Construction, Forestry, Municipal and Service-based businesses.
- We have an outstanding track record of achieving 20% for clients every year
- Access to our entire team, not just one employee, to meet your needs. (Even if someone is sick, nothing is affected)
- Our years of experience ensure that we check all areas that inexperienced employees may overlook
- Save time and money by having us streamline the process with our expertise
- Limit exposure of your intellectual property to competitors by NOT using the peer audit system
- Use our experienced auditors instead of an auditor who does the minimum (one) per year.
- Full executive summaries, (if requested) instead of 3 positives and 3 negatives, that will give you a much clearer idea of where you are & what you need to do to improve
Ensure that you get the maximum allowable WCB Premium Rebate of 20% annually.
Safety Group’s services include:
Set Up and Maintenance of Your COR Safety Program
We write your Certificate of Recognition (C.O.R.) & Partners in Injury Reduction (P.I.R.) program, help you implement it and then manage it for you. If you already have one, we can use it, revise it or replace it.
Orientation and Training
We orient your workers to the program so they know what is expected of them and conduct training for them.
Review Your Existing Program and Make Recommendations
We can review your existing program and make recommendations to improve it before, or following, an incident.
Support & Supervise Your Staff
We can support your existing employees to give you a more rounded approach.
Perform Internal and External Audits
Internal or external consultant audits (pay per audit) instead of peer or using one of your peoples’ valuable time.
NON-CONSTRUCTION SAFETY SERVICES
Firearms Safety Training
Home Emergency Preparedness
Companies prepared to follow these guidelines and establish their C.O.R. will first of all see an immediate reduction and refund of their W.C.B. premiums. Together with this, they will see a vast reduction in all costs associated with production.